Thursday, March 12, 2009

5k Run/Walk


I did it I ran over 3 miles today (o.k. I threw some walking in their too, but ran most of the time)for me this is huge. Last September I had a goal to make it one mile, and if anyone knows me, I had been a smoker(non-smoker now)for over 20 years, quit a few years ago, not in the best of health and just turned (_0), I'll let you guess. Anyway,in just 1 week I made it a mile, I was so excited, I cried. Then I started going a little further and today makes 3 miles, I'm hoping to get better at it so I can run with Emily at Brown City Camp this summer. Last year I walked it with Beth & Moriah maybe they will run with me this year. It helps to have a good pair of running shoes, they are the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned.

2 comments:

  1. Gail, do I get to guess your age?

    You go girl! I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute shoes!! Always learning something new about you.

    ReplyDelete